Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for Hosting
01. What service do you provide?
What we provide is a fully managed DB-as-a-Service hosting service. Our database hosting environment is built on our self-developed cloud application management platform.
02. What's your DB-as-a-Service hosting platform?
It is our quick evolving database hosting solution. It takes advantage of container and Kubernetes, which is the most popular and dominant container-orchestration system.
03. What does the fully managed hosting service mean?
Fully managed database hosting means that all online databases on our platform are completely managed by us, such as the application deployment, migration, backup, security and upgrade.
04. What functions does your control panel provide?
Aside from general operations to manage your hosting, our control panel supports database administrative functions, including database & user management, firewall rules, and shell / SSH.
05. How do you provide technical support?
We provide technical support 24/7 via email. Sales department is available 24/7 via live chat and email. Billing department can be approached Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m via email.
06. What is the philosophy behind your managed database hosting service?
Our philosophy is to provide managed database hosting services with affordable prices to small and medium-sized businesses.
07. How many data centers do you have?
Currently, we have four data centers located in Dallas, Bend, Charlotte, and Denver, allowing clients to deploy applications as close to their target audience as possible.
08. Do you provide any GUI tools for database management?
Yes, we provide phpMyAdmin, an open-source web-based database administration interface, for you to manage your MySQL / MariaDB online. For other databases, we do not provide any GUI tools at the moment.
01. Does your managed database support SSL connection?
Yes. The SSL connection is enabled by default for each newly created database on our DB-as-a-service hosting platform.
02. Do you do backups for my online database?
Yes. Our Kubernetes platform takes backups for each database regularly. The backup frequency varies by hosting plan.
03. Can I take backups of my database in your DB-as-a-service hosting?
Yes. You can back up the databases via our hosting control panel and download them.
04. Do you have access limits to my databases in the hosting service?
No. We do not set limits on your access to the databases.
05. How can I manage my databases and users?
You can manage databases and users in our in-house developed control panel. For detailed steps, please refer to the documentation.
06. Do you support shared hosting in your database hosting?
No. Our fully managed database on Kubernetes is based on standalone instance.
07. What cloud providers and regions do you support in your hosting?
We currently support the private cloud from our four data centers in Dallas, Bend, Charlotte, and Denver. We are building more data centers and will support most of the popular public cloud providers in more regions in the near future.
08. Can I monitor the performance of my online database?
Yes. Our control panel supports real-time application performance monitoring. Please refer to this guide article on how you can do it.
09. Do you support database Cluster?
No. We support single-instance database deployment.
10. Can I set user permissions for my database in the client panel?
Yes. Clients can create users with different permissions. However, modifying user permissions is not supported.
01. Can I try database hosting plans before payment?
Yes. New clients can enjoy a free trial before payment.
02. What hosting plan should I start with?
If you are not sure what plan you should start with, you can choose a primitive plan and upgrade to a higher level when necessary. Our hosting plan upgrade is very smooth here. There is almost no downtime during the process.
03. How long does it take to set up my database online?
The deployment of a database on our platform can be a matter of minutes, even seconds.
04. Do you have a download file and IP that I can test the network speed?
Yes. You can test our network speed at the Data Centers page.
05. Do you offer any network and server uptime guarantee?
Yes. We offer a 99.9% uptime guarantee for our network and all servers.
06. What is difference between free trial services and paid services?
In the free-trial period, you will be able to enjoy our paid services for free.
07. How can I continue my service after the free trial?
If you decide to continue using the service, you need to prepay for the hosting service before the trial is over. We will send you an invoice after you complete your billing information so that you can make the payment upfront.
08. How many free trial deployments can I have?
For each account, three free deployments are allowed at a time during the trial.